- If I apply, am I automatically accepted as a vendor?
– No. The application to vend is simply so we can add you and your information to a list so that we can hand pick artists that we feel will fit in best with our events.
- Can I join the gallery and be a vendor?
– Yes! If you’re accepted as a vendor, you’re welcome to participate in the gallery as long as you sign up and are accepted within the gallery deadlines. Watch our Instagram and Facebook page for upcoming gallery announcements and open artist calls.
- If I sign up for the gallery, am I automatically accepted as a vendor?
– No. If you sign up and are accepted for the gallery, you will only be participating in the gallery. You will not be provided a table to sell anything outside of the artwork submitted to the gallery.
– You also are not automatically accepted as a gallery artist if you have been accepted as a vendor. You must apply to the gallery before the deadline.
- Does Fan*Alley take a percentage of the sales?
– No! Vendors pay an entry fee that reserves their space (and a table if necessary), but other than that you keep everything you make at the events.
- How much does it cost to be a vendor?
– Booth spaces are $20-35 depending on location and whether or not you rent a table.
- Does it make a difference if I’m an Art Institute or alum?
– If you’re an AI student or alum you can participate in these events for free. Spots for students are very limited. Please contact Layal Idriss at email@example.com to coordinate your spot.
- Can I share a table with a friend?
– Yes! Outdoor vendors can share with up to two people, indoor vendors with one other person. All participants must fill out the application and be accepted in the show.
- What do I need to vend outside?
– A 10×10’ canopy, table (if you’re not renting), chairs, lights, and extension cords.
- What do I need to vend inside?
– If you’re not renting a table, you will need a 6ft (or smaller) table, chairs, and extension cords if you need electricity.
- Do I need a card reader to vend?
– We can’t force you to take cards at your booth, but we highly recommend that you have a card reader of some sort. More payment options mean more sales, and one of the most asked questions from customers is “do you take card.”
- Do I need a business permit to vend?
– We will not be checking for business or seller’s permits, however, as an artist trying to professionally sell their work (and we do run our events as professionally as we can), we highly recommend that you have a permit. Should you choose to move on from the Artist Lodge to bigger events like conventions, you will be required to have a permit.
- What kind of work sells?
– There is no possible way for us to tell you what can sell. It all depends on your style, your talent, your technique, your subject, and your audience. I guarantee that if you create something you love, there will be somebody out there somewhere that also loves it. Create art for you, don’t just create art because you think it will sell.
– Fan art is obviously popular, but it must be created by YOU and in your own style. Anybody found to be directly copying or stealing work from another creator will be asked to leave and blacklisted from any future Fan*Alley events.
– All of our events are family friendly, and your art needs to also be family-friendly. If you have some artwork that is rated 18+ you can bring it and keep it in a box out of reach of younger attendees. If all of your work is rated 18+, we unfortunately won’t be able to accommodate you as a vendor.